PGDM - Supply Chain Management
Supply chains run businesses. From sourcing to manufacturing to distribution and finally customer relationship management, supply chain professionals are seeing exponential growth in opportunities. Every industry and every function needs well-coordinated supply chains to deliver customer value. Various functions such as planning, sourcing, operations, distribution, sales, product costing, budgeting, and digital payment gateways all need supply chain professionals. Blockchain and UPI (Unified Payment Interfaces) are built by supply chain professionals.
The supply chain course at SBS follows a pedagogy balanced between academic inputs and regular industry interaction. Students opting for this specialization fit into any industry be it FMCG, retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, pharma, and consulting.
- Supply chain Design, planning, and control
- Supply chain coordination-S&OP (sales and operation)
- Enterprise resource planning
- Strategic business analysis frameworks
- Cost accounting and working capital management for supply chain
- Total quality and lean inventory mgmt.
- Macroeconomics for enterprise
- Statistics for supply chain
- Retail business strategies and mgmt.
- Warehouse management
- Business data analytics
- Strategic marketing models
- Project implementation and mgmt.
- Logistics and transportation
- Understanding all functions of a business end to end.
- Designing processes to run various units of a firm like planning, forecasting, logistics, sales, and operations.
- Industry inputs on how businesses are shaping up and the future trends.
- Frequent seminars with industry experts.
- Supply chain professionals are in short supply across all industries. This specialization opens up opportunities across sectors.