Daxesh Shah is currently working as a professor, Decision Science area at Shanti Business School, Ahmedabad.
Area of Research interest:
Daxesh Shah’s current area of research is around Big Data Analytics, Statistics, Relational Database Management System, Software Quality Assurance and Control and Information Technology project Management.
Professional Experience: 30+ years of experience in the software industry and since last 5 years associated with academics. Daxesh has worked for various MNCs like IBM global services, USA, ORG systems, Wipro, Tata Telecom, eInfochips (Arrow Company), Asoka Mills (a unit of Lalbhai group), Patni computer systems ltd. Daxesh has led teams in all phases of the software project life cycle and managed software development, testing, data management projects in the Avionics, Automotive, Insurance, Manufacturing and system support services industries. He has worked for various International clients in USA and in INDIA.
He has over 7 years of experience in the IT organizations in Software Quality and auditing operations, Software Development Process Improvement Management with respect to SEI-CMMi, ISO 9001:2000, Six Sigma and DO-178B/DO-254. He was instrumental in developing, implementing and teaching Quality Standards for software projects as per CMMi standards and certification for eInfochips company.
Academic Experience: Visiting Faculty Oakbrook School of Business, Nirma University, Ganpat University, Ahmedabad University, Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering
|Subject Taught||B. Tech.||M. Tech./M.B.A|
|Technical Communication||Data Visualization|
|Engineering Economics and Management||Research Methodology|
|Relational Database Management System (Oracle)||Reliability Engineering and Quality Management System|
|Linux Shell Programming and System Administration||Social Media Analytics|
- Master’s Degree from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.), Bombay in 1984 with First Class. Specialization in Operations Research and Statistics.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA track Oracle 10g DBA.
- Certified project management professional (PMP) from PMI, USA
- Avionics Certification: Complex Electronics Hardware DO-254 and DO-178B, 2008 from FAA DER from USA.
- Business Objects XI R2.
- Internal Quality Auditor Certificate, 2005
- Software Testing and Review, 2005
- Six Sigma Green Belt, 2004
- Negotiation Skills, 2004
- DB2/ UDB database administration, 2001